Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My ice maker augur keeps turning unless I lock control

Customer Question

My ice maker augur keeps turning unless I lock control panel
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Frigidaire model plhs269zdbc
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I replaced circuit board 38 and still same
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm doing work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If the unit stops turning the auger when you lock the control panel, it means that your ice actuator pad which you push your glass on has failed and is sending a signal that you are pushing on the ice paddle even though you're not. You'll need to order and replace the ice actuator pad to fix the issue so below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for ice actuator pad

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?