Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

The screws under one of the control knobs on my Whirlpool

Customer Question

The screws under one of the control knobs on my Whirlpool range were very loose. I tightened them and the know is frozen and I can't move it even after I loosened the screws a little. What to do?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Purchased May, 2013
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Model WFE570S0AS
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: SER R2466704
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

the screws may be too long and when tightened they block the internals of the switch from moving.

YOu may need to add a washer or two under the screw head so that the screw shaft does not protrude into the switch body as far.

I can give you a part number for the screws BUT if no one has replaced the originals ,the replacements will be the same as the ones you have now.

If you have any questions just replace back to me