Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Door locked, unplugging doesn't work. I'm looking for next

Customer Question

Hi! Door locked, unplugging doesn't work. I'm looking for next best solution.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: This is the 3rd time that it was stuck, Unplugging has worked in the past.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I've already spent too much on the repair guy. Time to back to the older washing machines that don't LOCK
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpool Front-Loading Automatic Washer WFW95HE. Purchased in late 2016
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: how to fix it today
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Remove the top of the unit and reach down and pull the tab down on the door latch to open it that is the best way to get it open.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks but I think the last time I utilized your site, I was given a series of buttons and that worked great. Is this now something different? I got your current answer from the Whirlpool site and didn't have to pay for it. Can you give me a credit?