Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Is this free to chat? not sure i can fix problem on own,

Customer Question

is this free to chat?
JA: The Appliance Technician's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: not sure i can fix problem on own
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: months but today is the first day I have defrosted all the ice and actually see a drip coming from the back corner of the ice maker. it makes ice but it forms an ice jam below the maker
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 1999 kenmore coldspot
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: model number model number(###) ###-#### drip of water is on white plastic not the actual silver part on bottom of ice maker
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Are the cubes very large and stuck together, too?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

If you look at the little tube that brings water to the ice maker at the fill cup, is the end of that tube resting against the fill cup wall or is there a small space?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

No thanks what? I asked you the question below....

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
lol no thanks to the phone call. i didn't see a question until now. there is a small space. The drip is on the white plastic where the silver meets the plastic below the ice maker
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those. Does it build up right away and get larger quickly?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
um the ice jam? IDK it has been that way for so long today is the first day I really defrosted all the ice. the drip is there already and today is the first day I can actually see the drip. it does make ice but the jam takes over the freezer
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** helpful information! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Can you double check that model number, please? The tag is in the refrigerator section, high on a side wall or on the ceiling.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
79207990
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

I suspect the water inlet valve is not closing and allowing water to leak past the diaphragm. The valve will need to be replaced. The valve is accessed by pulling the refrigerator out. It is mounted at the bottom of the cabinet.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hmm, pulling the fridge out is more then I can do. Thanks though
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

I understand, thank you.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.