Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

We have a Whirlpool Refrigerator (W/ bottom freezer) and

Customer Question

We have a Whirlpool Refrigerator (W/ bottom freezer) and would like to remove the drip pan....how do I go about finding it, let alone removing it???
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model WRF560SEYM00
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I pulled the unit from the wall and there does not appear to be a pan in the back. Therefore, I assume access to it is from the front...but, I cannot remove the plastic cover from the front below the freezer door.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The drain drip pan is located in the left side of the unit .

looking at the unit from the front.

There should be no reason that you would have to remove the pan unless some thing it the freezer has spoiled and dripped into the pane.

To remove it you will need top remove the tape on the rear of the pan (it is taped to the rear base rail) .

and then remove the front kick plate and the pane should pull out forward .

If you have any questions just reply back to me.