Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have recently bought a kitchenaid dishwasher and it was

Customer Question

good morning...we have recently bought a kitchenaid dishwasher and it was working wonderfully until about 2 days ago. Now it runs through the cycle but the dishes are greasy and the soap packet in found in the bottom of the dishwasher.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it was installed about 6 weeks ago and the model # is fdfe104dss5..
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I am capable...I guess it depends on the extent of the work..
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: only other thing is that we apparently have run out of drying agent...otherwise, you have everything I know...oh..we also have hard water..
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB (not the door itself) and can be seen if you open the door so that I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have the model number on the receipt with the dishwasher...same number?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Never mind I figured i t out. It's actually Kdfe104dss5.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is...
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Either way, if the soap doesn't even dissolve, it means the water isn't spraying properly. You'll need to run an empty cycle with no dishes inside and see if it works normally and dissolves the soap. If not, then clean the wash arm holes with a toothpick and try again. If it still won't release and dissolve the detergent properly, your circulation pump needs to be replaced.

Other than that, if the detergent dissolves normally with no dishes inside, you're stacking the dishes improperly causing no water to spray up to the dispenser area so it just drops out and won't mix with the water. You will need to make sure you don't stack bowls or other things in the lower front left quadrant of the dishwasher so water can get out and spray up to the dispenser properly.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?