Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whirlpool Refrigerator water dispenser is leaking. What do I

Customer Question

Whirlpool Refrigerator water dispenser is leaking. What do I need to replace? Whirlpool Model ED5DHEXWB00
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

What do you mean by "water dispenser is leaking" exactly? Where are you seeing water leaking or dripping from?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When I depress the lever for filtered water, water showers out. It drips down from around the dispenser hose. When I release the water dispenser lever the water stops leaking/showering down.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Ok you're going to have to take the dispenser apart and see if the fill hose spout broke off or just disconnected. If it broke off, there isn't much you can do but replace the entire door because the fill hose wasn't designed to be replaceable on this model. If it fell out of position you can re-install it properly. Below is a video on how to remove the bracket on your dispenser so you can check out the water hose.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The hose is cracked. What else has to be taken apart to replace the whole hose?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

As I mentioned before, you can't replace the hose. The door is a foamed in sealed door made down in Mexico. Unlock other doors, there is no way to replace the hose because it's run through foam inside the door an not a plastic channel to snake the hose up. The entire door must be replaced if you want to use the dispenser again.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?