Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I Have the MDE9700AYW Electric dryer I have the E5 error i

Customer Question

i Have the MDE9700AYW Electric dryer I have the E5 error i check the thermistor 10.3, i check door switch is ok, the heating sensor ok, I check everthing eccept the the control panel i open the control panel looks ok no burned spots,what you thing the problem is if you can tell me please. Thanks.***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The error code is tS, which means the control sees an issue with the thermistor. If the thermistor tests at 10k ohms, there is an issue with the wiring between the control and thermistor or the control itself. Measure the resistance of the thermistor at the board connection so you read through the wiring. If still reading at 10k ohms, replace the control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.