Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have an older home. The dryer is in the basement and the

Customer Question

We have an older home. The dryer is in the basement and the dryer has vented through a small basement window. If we cut a new vent above the window, I am afraid the straight-up, six foot hose will just get clogged. Are there vent fans that will keep the line clear? And who would I call for someone to install the new vent?
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The dryer is a GE gas. It is only about three years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: NO! In fact, given the fire danger of dryer vents, I want this professionally done.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that is it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The 6' vertical rise will be no problem for the blower in the dryer to overcome. They are designed to vent at least 30', so if you have two 90* elbows and 6' of vertical pipe, that is only equal to about 20" of pipe. You won't have any issue with the venting at all.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.