Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My dryer was running before a power outGe. after power was

Customer Question

my dryer was running before a power outGe. after power was restored, the dryer turns on amd i can start cycles but i dont get any heat and the drum doesnt spin
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: never done this before
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: GE GFDN100EL0WW
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i dont know depends on how complicated the fix is
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

To confirm, you had it running when the power went out?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the dryer was mid cycle when the power went out
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

So when it shut off it was hot and the blower stopped, cutting all air flow. That would indeed cause issues. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Almost done, had some computer trouble. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The high limit thermostat is open and will not allow the motor to start. It will need to be replaced. The attached pages show how it is accessed for replacement.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.