Billy Olenick
Billy Olenick, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Billy's appliance repair
99380438

I have an LG LP gas dryer, M#DLGX7001V. all of the sensors

Customer Question

I have an LG LP gas dryer, M#DLGX7001V. all of the sensors have been replaced, along with the gas valve - it has worked for 2 weeks but now it won't ignite. it has a new igniter also. the igniter comes on but doesn't light, then tries again. could it be the mother board? no error messages have ever appeared on the screen. is there a diagnostic test I could run?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: DLGX8001V, serial number 411KWSB4S598 - about 3 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it has gas to the unit, power is fine - changing the gas valve worked for 2 weeks but now it is doing the same thing - coming on but not lighting
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Billy Olenick replied 2 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you out today with your appliance repair. We are on an honor system here and only get paid for our services if you rate us so please don't hesitate to rate me. I will continue to help you through your appliance repair even after you rate me. Thank you
We need to revamp test both gas solenoids if they are testing good let me know.
https://youtu.be/vzqGJoNwKRE
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the solenoids and gas valve are brand new - only in service for 2 weeks as I have already stated
I understand but they can be bad again so need to test to determine.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the solenoids test out fine - 1.9k, all limits switches test fine as does the thermistor - ran the heat self test on unit and it came back 4 bars for blockage - the machine has been thoroughly cleaned and inspected for blockages - none found - put machine back together and ran for twice - fired right up - then doing the same thing - not igniting - ran heat self test again today and is saying there is a blockage with the exhaust off of it - could a board be bad
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
also, upon reassembling the unit I ran the heat self test and it came up 0 bars, then it ran twice and stopped working again
Have you ran the unit without having the vent line hooked up to the back of the unit? If the unit works probably when you try to do this you have a blockage going from the vent line inside the house to outside, also did you check the blower wheel fan to make sure there is no lent build up in this area also.
Also I don't suspect a board issue
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
did all of this
If everything else checks out and definitely no blockage then yes we at that point can suspect board
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
which one would it be? also, could it be a loose wire on a connector?
It very well could be a lose wire
Is there any way you can get me a list of part # for the parts you have replaced.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/EBR73625906/0026/795.html?modelNumber=DLGX8001V&categoryName=Residential%20Dryer&brandName=LG
I personally would order this through repair clinic. They are the only parts company that has a 1 year warranty on all parts. So if it doesn't fix it you can send it back