John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Have a Jennair exhaust hood which works fine except I can't

Customer Question

Have a Jennair exhaust hood which works fine except I can't turn the lights out--I've had a repairman out and I've sent in the circuit boards but no one can seem to find the problem. strangely to me the lights are on even when the circuit board for the switch is removed. Thanks
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was put in new about 14 years ago--Model JXT8136ADS--Serial #10017312ER
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can find the problem
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i don't think so--is this a common problem? I hate to replace the whole unit when there isn't anything wrong except being unable to turn off the lights
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

First, what board was removed? What board was "sent in"? There is a front switch board and then there is a relay control board. The switch board just tells the relay board what to do but the relay board is what sends power to the lights.