Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Thanks Pearl,, I opened my dishwasher yesterday and my

Customer Question

Thanks Pearl, I am Margie, I opened my dishwasher yesterday and my Dishwasher (Frigidaire) the blade sprayer arm end was melted. If I just replace the blade arm do you think it will fix my problems? Or is there more wrong with it?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was bought in Aug of 2014. FGBD2438PWOA Model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If its not to hard. lol
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Up till now it has been fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

The arm melts if the arm gets stuck or water isn't filing the dishwasher or spraying inside the dishwasher. Start a cycle and see if water fills the dishwasher. Make sure water is spraying as well. If that all checks good, you just need to replace the arm and you'll be good to go. If it's not filling, make sure the float switch in the front right corner isn't stuck in the up position and if that checks good, then replace the electronic water valve below your dishwasher. Lastly, if the dishwasher fills and drains but it doesn't spray the water, replace the circulation pump.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.