Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whirlpool washer won't start but if I turn the knob to the

Customer Question

Whirlpool washer won't start but if I turn the knob to the spin cycle it will spin.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: WTW57ESVW0 Around 9 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

This particular model washer has a common problem which you are experiencing. The problem is that the washer is waiting to fill up with water before it starts washing but it won't fill. This is caused by the pressure switch inside the control panel failing. Below is a link to the pressure switch which is the only switch inside the control panel with a small rubber hose connected to it. You will need to order and replace this part to resolve the issue.

CLICK HERE for pressure switch

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?