Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Cabrio WTW5640XWO. 6 months ago I replaced the actuator, and

Customer Question

Cabrio WTW5640XWO. 6 months ago I replaced the actuator, and it went in a week. Got advice to replace the capacitor as well and it's lasted 6 months. Now I'm getting the same codes as before, F7, E5. Do I have to replace the capacitor again or just the actuator?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

You likely do not need any parts this time. See the attached Service Bulletin and let me knwo what you find in the wiring.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm actually getting ready for work and was planning on working on the washer tomorrow. Can I get back to you then?
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Of course, reply anytime, thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I paid yesterday and my question wasn't answered. Since the acuator is shot do I need to replace the capasitor that I replaced 6 months ago?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Did you not see my reply with the attachment?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
but the wiring is fine, and the acuator is shot.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The new one is faulty?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The acuator I put in 6 months ago when at the same time replaced the capasitor, is shot.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

There would be no reason to replace the capacitor if it has failed, the capacitor is in the motor circuit only. When it fails, the motor will not start.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

So to answer your question, only replace the actuator if it has failed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. This will be my 4th acuator. After the 2nd one went in a 2 week period, I contacted you guys and it was suggested that I replace the capasitor when I put in the 3rd acuator, and it work fine until a couple of days ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Why does it keep failing? Am I putting in to big a load? Is it just a part that craps out a lot. Something must be causing this to happen.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Is it unusually noisy when it is washing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Absolutely not.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The fact that the capacitor helped prolong its life would suggest there may be an issue with the motor. Is the actuator physically breaking or how is it failing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is stuck in one position. And let me amend my last answer. It mades a noise shifting into drain and spin, but it doesn't seem unusual just a clicking. It washes fine but won't drain and spin because the actuator gets stuck.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The splutch kit has been redesigned on these for similar issues. Usually, there is noise associated with it but, in this case, I think it would be prudent to replace it. The video at the link below shows how it is accessed for replacement.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thanks. I watched the Vidieo and I should do it no problem. Thanks for your help. Don't take this the wrong way, but I hope I'm not talking to you in 6 months.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

I know, I am one of those guys that is nice to know but one you hope to never need! :~)

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. Thank you. Its working.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thank you.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive zero credit for my work. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.