Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I shut off the washing machine a frontloader maxima xl

Customer Question

I shut off the washing machine a frontloader maxima xl maytag to add somrthing now I cannot get it to come on again
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 or 3 yeqrs
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Do you mean repair?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that's it just won't come back on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Try to unplug the washer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset, if the unit isn't coming on and you're sure you have power to the washer, something is wrong with one of the control boards. You'll need to unscrew the back of the top panel of the washer and then the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. In the front right corner attached to the right side wall you'll see a control board. That is your CCU. Unplug the MI3 connection at the board and then plug the washer back in and see if it turns on. If so, then your motor control board failed and needs to be replaced. If it still won't turn on, your front interface board has failed and would need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?