Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Getting aF09 E01 Message and already checked drain pipe, it

Customer Question

getting aF09 E01 Message and already checked drain pipe, it is clear and at the right height and ran tru trouble shooting steps
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: just started yesterday. door stays locked. fooled around with it and got the door open. them washed a couple loads and then it happen again
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: would like to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: machine is only three years old
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

It sounds like you already know this based on what you've done, but F09 E01 means that your washer isn't draining properly unfortunately which you have already realized. Unfortunately these washers are not easy at all to access and fix a drain problem. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, it's very difficult for these newer models. If you have a lower front panel below the door, then you can just unscrew the screws below that and when you remove the lower front panel you have access to the drain catch. If you don't have a lower front panel then the top panel, the control panel, and the entire front panel all need to be removed so that you can access the pump below the tub. It's really a bad design and it was never this difficult in the past, but now there is quite a bit of work involved to clear the drain so unless you're really handy, this is not something you'll want to tackle yourself.

To access the drain pump, you need to pull the washer forward and unplug it. Pull the dispenser drawer completely off the washer. Next, remove the 2 bolts coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Remove the screws coming in through the dispenser opening and the screws coming from the inside of the washer going into the control panel. The control panel will then pull up and out of the way. At this point, you just have a few screws going across the top of the front panel to remove. Tip the wash back a bit and there are 2 screws in the bottom right and left corner you need to remove. Open the door and you need to disconnect the rubber door gasket. There is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off the gasket. Now you can remove the front panel to access the drain pump located under the drum attached to the drain pump mounted to the floor.

There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?