Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

On a Maytag Maxima washer, we get 2 error codes E02 and F06.

Customer Question

On a Maytag Maxima washer, we get 2 error codes E02 and F06. Any idea what that means?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I'm guessing about 10 years old. I'll have to call home to get the model number
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is not too difficult
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Where would we find the model number?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

The F6E2 error code on those units means there is a communication error between the user interface and the central control unit.

Below is the troubleshooting sheet for that model follow the directions listed under that error on page 9. You will need a ohm/volt meter and know how to use it, if not you really need to call for service on this error otherwise you could just be spending money on parts you don't need.

click here to open/download tech data troubleshooting sheet

If you need anything else just let me know in the meantime please rate my assistance by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of your question page. You will see a set of 5 empty stars 1 being the worst and 5 being the best, ***** ***** I have earned a 5 star rating. After you rate I will continue to help if needed any follow up questions will still be answered and there will be no further charges incurred. Please keep in mind we experts that take the time to help you are not compensated for our time unless you rate so it means a lot to us even though it may seem like a unnecessary hassle to you so please do not put this off and just take a moment to take care of this. Thank you very much! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated!