John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a whirlpool Duet dryer that fails to come on. I

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool Duet dryer that fails to come on. I checked voltage coming in, and all is ok. Pressing the Control On button has no effect. No exterior lights on anything, although the inside light comes on when the door is opened. Is there a reset button somewhere to reboot it?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's about 8 years old, I believe. I can get more numbers if you wish
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes unless it is too involved. The dryer sits atop the washer, and if it has to come down, I will likely rely on a service tech
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of. I'm baffled by the sudden inability to get lights or anything. Not sure where to start.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker just inside the door way so I can better assist you?