Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

It seems my washer is not working. It is not filling,

Customer Question

It seems my washer is not working. It is not filling, tumbling or anything. It clicks but that's it. If I pause it, the "door locked" will flash. If I try to in pause, it just keeps flashing
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It a may tag maxima. I got it about 5. 5 years ago
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm trying to. But I'm stumped
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I unplugged it over night. And plugged it back in this morning
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Is the door locking and unlocking? when you hear that click does the door lock and will it unlock? If so open the door on the washer and look on the frame of the washer just behind the door and look for a tag that has the model and serial number listed, send me that model number listed on the tag, thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The door locks. MHW6000XW2
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I pause, the "door locked" blinks. If I try to in pause or turn it off, it continues to blink and nothing happens.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
unpause

ok follow the instructions below and put it in diagnostic mode and tell me what error code comes up on the display anything other than 88 is an error code, thanks.

click here for instructions

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
F06; E01

ok that error means there is a COMMUNICATION ERROR BETWEEN CCU (the main control) AND MCU ( the motor control board) it's a pretty tricky error to diagnose because it could be a wiring issue, a bad ccu or a bad mcu. First thing you want to do is check all the wiring from the ccu to the motor control board, do you have a ohm/volt meter and know how to use it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I do not. My ex husband does and will be here later on today.

ok give me a sec and I will give you a download link for the troubleshooting info sheet he will need to follow, give me just one sec to upload it for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK. Thanks

just tell him to follow the directions listed under the F6E1 error listed on page 9.

click here to open/download tech data sheet

If he has any questions feel free to get back with me in the meantime please read below and rate my assistance, thank you!

If you need anything else just let me know in the meantime please rate my assistance by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of your question page. You will see a set of 5 empty stars 1 being the worst and 5 being the best, ***** ***** I have earned a 5 star rating. After you rate I will continue to help if needed any follow up questions will still be answered and there will be no further charges incurred. Please keep in mind we experts that take the time to help you are not compensated for our time unless you rate so it means a lot to us even though it may seem like a unnecessary hassle to you so please do not put this off and just take a moment to take care of this. Thank you very much! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What are the settings supposed to be

not sure what you are asking? which settings and for what?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When my ex checks the MCU and CCU are there any settings or ranges it needs to be in
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Oops. I mean readings

no there are no special settings he will just be using ac voltage and testing wiring for continuity which if he knows how to use a meter is about the most common things they are used for so he should know.

please don't forget to rate my assistance, thanks. If you don't know how let me know.

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How long is the quick diagnostic supposed to be? What should be done if it gets stuck on one code? (reading C00)

sorry I will opt out and let another tech help you with this matter, thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When ran the diagnostic test, C00 popped up. It cycled to C003 then rest itself to C00. It stayed there. We are thinking it might be the motor control unit.