Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

When the washer spins at a high speed, sounds like there are

Customer Question

When the washer spins at a high speed, sounds like there are marbles going around
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpool Duet. Bought in 2004
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Need whirlpool repairmen in my area. Cost of coming to my home to check the washer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

If you're looking for a service man in your area, call 1.***-***-**** and Whirlpool can tell you who is authorized in your area.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you guess what the problem would be?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Will call the 800 number. Thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Yes, if it's only occurring a high speed it wounds like your main bearing and seal is probably going out. That is a rather expensive repair I'm sorry to say. It costs about $600 to repair due to the entire rear outer tub needing to be replaced since the bearings aren't sold separately.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. We decided to replace the washer. I'm happy now that we made this decision.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Alright well I'm glad you got it all up and running again. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?