John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

After a 6 hour power failure the control panel shows 32F for

Customer Question

After a 6 hour power failure the control panel shows 32F for both freezer and refrigerator. I can set the temperature to 0F and 36F. The panel will hold those for 5 seconds then switch back to 32. The water dispenser quit working at the same time. Is the front board bad? Freezer seems to be holding cold, but the fridge side seems warm. Frigidaire Gallery LGUB2642LF3.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 6 yrs old. LGUB2642LF Frigidaire Gallery
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to depending on complexity
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It does have the rust issue on the back. Noticed that yesterday when unplugging to see if it would reset
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

First, the display is reverting back to showing the "actual" temperature which happens to be 32 degrees apparently even though you're setting it for 0 and 36 degrees so something is wrong with the way the unit is cooling. The first thing you need to do is check the temperature in both the refrigerator and freezer section with an alternate thermostat and what temperature are these sections?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have a thermometer that reads that low. Will have to get one and report back
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

ok

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Unit failed. No cooling. Purchased a new one. Thanks though.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

ok good luck.