Billy Olenick
Billy Olenick, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Billy's appliance repair
99380438

Samsung french door refrigerator temp~50 degrees F. Freezer

Customer Question

Samsung french door refrigerator temp~50 degrees F. Freezer at -2 Degrees but has not been making ice. 2 lower refrigerator door with water/ice under.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3indoor sticker says june 2015. model # is RF26HFENDBC
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on if it's something simple a layman can do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nothing else comes to mind
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my cell phone is lost-please use my email or home phone(###) ###-#### to contact me
Expert:  Billy Olenick replied 2 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you out today with your appliance repair. We are on an honor system here and are only paid for our services if you rate us so please don't hesitate to rate me. I will continue to help you through your appliance repair even after you rate me. Thank you.
First where is your icemaker located and dose it have ice in it now or is it empty.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Billy, I have been out to doctors appointments late this am and afternoon.so did not see your reply until this evening. Actually I thought that by unplugging it for awhile that it had reset itself...but the temp, even tho set at 34 is running 44 degrees per my little refrig thermometer. My Samsung has a refrigerator with 2 french doors on top with a bottom pull out freezer drawer with one sliding drawer....the icemaker is on the left and empties into a container in the top Left compartment....we fill it with store bought ice as it has not made ice cubes for several weeks. I am in and out taking grand kids to school or work and to make it worse my cell phone was lost/stolen last Wednesday--I should have a new one by tomorrow evening with #(###) ###-####or a house phone(###) ###-#### I will be looking for your call or email in the morning.
I do believe I have the right information here. Your icemaker isn't making ice and the refrigerator temp is off? Is the icemaker in the refrigerator? Is there frost on the back panel of the refrigerator wall? Is the freezer working right?
Let's start with these questions first. Please answer in order.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1. ice maker is not making ice
2. refrig temp 44 degrees last night but at set temp of 34 this am
3. ice maker in freezer ( freezer is in drawer below refrigerator)
4. no frost on refrigerator wall, but puddle of water under refrigerator vegetable drawer-at times this puddle
freezes
5. everything in freezer is frozen....there is ice on the freezer wall
Okay here is what I think is going on. I believe you have a defrost issue and in order to prove this point I need you to unplug it over and let it defrost. Plug it back in in the morning and see if it runs and makes ice. If it does I know for a fact you have a defrost issue and we can proceed from there.
Keep it unplugged overnight
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
just to clarify--Unplug the frig and let it defrost-does that mean unload the frig and freezer and leave items in place- or -empty out the frig and freezer with the door open for the night ?
Also is there a filter that may need to be replaced ? I have no idea where it is but that message flashed on in the control panel briefly 2 nights ago when it started to heat up....and there has been a red square icon on the panel for several weeks that disappeared when I was trying to reset the temp.
you really need to unplug the unit and leave it unpluged overnight, if you have another unit you can put your food in that would be great. Then plug this unit back in when it has been unplugged for a full 24 hrs. Then at this point if it starts to cool back down when plugged back in it has a defrost issue that needs to be fixed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks so much for your advice.
You are welcome. Please rate me. I will continue to help you through your appliance repair even after you rate me. Thank you.