John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have an Inglis stove. I put the oven on 400 to bake a pie.

Customer Question

I have an Inglis stove. I put the oven on 400 to bake a pie. About 10 minutes into the baking the oven quit. The burners are working but not the oven. Is there a reset button anywhere or what do you think it might be. I have a half baked pie at the moment.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: It is an Inglis older stove. It was in our place when we came here and I have no idea o f the model number. And NO it has never done this before.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
On the top of the stove I just noticed a silver button and tried pressing it. Thought it might be a reset button but it did nothing.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will take a look an see if I can find a model number for you.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

ok thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just wait, my husband is trying to read it. He thinks this is the number... 1JR88800
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you still there??
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The number may possibly be 1JR85800
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is anyone still on the line>???
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I am not switching to a phone call.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Yes, I am here but that model isn't pulling up.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
did you try the second number I gave you.?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Yes. I'm sorry I don't believe I'll be able to assist you here, so I'll opt out, but that will open this question to all other Experts, and someone will be along shortly to assist you