Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Kitchen Aid Dishwasher Model KUDE70FXSS5 that has

Customer Question

We have a Kitchen Aid Dishwasher Model KUDE70FXSS5 that has stopped working. The control panel has three or four lights very dimly observable, but none of them will accept commands. Therefore, we cannot get the dishwasher to run. What should we do?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We've had it just under four years. The model is KUDE70FXSS5
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I see by research that this model cannot be fixed by simply replacing a thermal fuse. It seems to take more than that. We tried running a diagnostic, but it will not accept the input.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately this dishwasher is very well known for having this problem. This particular model doesn't have a thermal fuse, that is for older models. Either way, your problem is the touch control panel itself. The part has been completely re-designed and has a new part number because it was believed that humidity from dishwasher was causing it to fail early. Either way, Kitchen Aid never recalled the part but the part number you'll need is WPW10481144. Below is a link to the control panel (this is different than the control board inside the door)

CLICK HERE for control panel

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.