Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Side by side whirlpool refrigerator has stopped making ice

Customer Question

side by side whirlpool refrigerator has stopped making ice and water is no longer being dispensed. both happened about the same time.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: age is about 5 and a half years. will check on model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: model isGSF26C5EXWO2
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: REFRIGERATOR HAS NOT BEEN MOVED SINCE INSTALLATION, SO ASSUME THERE ARE NO BROKEN OR KINKED TUBES
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

You unit has a dual water inlet valve with a single isolation valve.

since both chilled water and icemaker has stopped water supply .

I suspect that the single isolation valve has failed and the unit is not getting water to the chilled or icemaker valve assemnly.

I recommend replacing the isolation valve assembly .

It is mounted in the rear bottom of the unit where the incoming water supply attaches to the refrigerator.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet/WPW10238100/1872938?rcaid=1000070

If you have any questions just reply back to me .