Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My kenmore elite dish washer runs part of a cycle starts

Customer Question

Hello my kenmore elite dish washer runs part of a cycle starts making a clicking sound then stops running .
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: no more then 3 yrs not sure sometimes it will run longer then others
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I cleaned the filter and sucked the water out seems to run longer when i do
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Often that issue is a bad main motor. The motors often fail on that unit and then you just get that clicking noise from the diverter or controller. You should test the main motor for power when it stops running by using a volt meter to see if you have 120 volts to the motor. I have replaced a lot of motors for that issue.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.