Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My washer machine when I put to start the light for the door

Customer Question

my washer machine when I put to start the light for the door comes on and starts blinking but the washer does not start because of that door light its a speedqueen model FTSA3024745....WHAT CAN I DO FOR THIS PROBLEM
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: ITS A SPEEDQUEEN MODEL FTSA1AWN ITS ABOUT 5 YEARS OLD
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: IF CAN YES...IF IS NOT TO COMPLICATED
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NO THATS IT JUST THAT.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The door lock assembly is likely in need of replacement. The blinking light is telling you that the door is not closed.

Can you double check that model number, please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry mr. Kelly I was out of town and I couldn't answer you.......ok yhe model # its FTSA1AWN.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

I cannot get the Speed Queen parts lookup to recognize that model. I see it does come up on the retail site but not the technical site. I will see if anyone else may have any other information on it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you kelly I got the part and install it...washer machine is working now thank you again. For your time and help.