Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My 23 yr old marvel wine refrigerator is running but not

Customer Question

my 23 yr old marvel wine refrigerator is running but not cooling at all. In fact it's warm and i feel warm air blowing out the bottom vent
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: I already said, its a Marvel 23 years old.
JA: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: 61 WC m/081594024
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not sure
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just possible solutions
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

If you feel warm air blowing out the bottom, that means the thermostat is working and the unit is "trying" to cool down. Unfortuantely that means you either have an issue with the compressor or a freon leak. Even a freon leak costs about $450 to repair and a new compressor is about $650 so at 23 years old, I'm not sure it's worth fixing but that is completely up to you. It's not something you can fix yourself so if you did want to fix it yourself, you'll need to call a technician to check the freon pressure and they can tell you if you have a leak or need a new compressor.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.