Nolan Rettig
Nolan Rettig, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Service Technician at Ralph's Joy of Living
99018442

My whirlpool front loading washing machine, mod.GHW9400PL1,

Customer Question

My whirlpool front loading washing machine, mod.GHW9400PL1, has indicator light on "control locked," what does that mean, and how can I get my machine to work?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I have no idea of it's age, we bought the house in 2012 and the washer and dryer were part of the pkg. Model # GHW9400PL1, SER: CSS4806346, Type 199. That's all the info on the inside of the door,
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, or my husband.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've unplugged the machine to see if it would reset when plugged back in. That did not work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Nolan Rettig replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your issues today. Please give me a minute to review your question.

What you will want to do is press and hold the end of cycle signal button for 3 seconds to unlock the controls, when they are locked it will not allow you to do anything on the unit until it is unlocked. This is to press accidental starting by bumping against it or having little ones running around that like to press buttons.

I was happy to assist you with this issue today, if you wouldn't mind taking a moment to rate my service today with the stars along the top of the page it would be greatly appreciated and is the only way I will receive credit for helping you! I always strive for 5 star service and if you do have any more questions after rating me you can always come back to this question and post them