Billy Olenick
Billy Olenick, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Billy's appliance repair
99380438

Bo, Bosch dishwasher--normal wash--appears to start running

Customer Question

bo
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Bosch dishwasher--normal wash--appears to start running for less than 2 seconds and then sounds like it stops running--the timer continues to count down, but the washer doesn't appear to be doing anything. The red light is on for the "refill rinse agent" I added rinse agent and agent dish soap. The dish soap just collects at the front bottom of the dishwasher. Tried to run the error check. There is an E1 displayed, but I don't see an error code for that. The dishwasher has been in place for 3 or 4 years so it is not the water connection. it may, however, be clogged inside of the washer. If the water is not flowing properly will it shut down in 2 seconds?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The model 3 is SHE46C06UC / 40
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is something easy like cleaning a blocked water inlet
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am guessing the washer is 4 years old but I can't find it on the tag--can you tell how old it is?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Billy Olenick replied 2 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you out today with your appliance repair. We are on an honor system here and are only paid for our services if you rate us so please don't hesitate to rate me. I will continue to help you through your appliance repair even after you rate me. Thank you.
Is your dishwasher filling with ware when you start it?
https://youtu.be/i5nygF7meKQ