Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a criterion 9.9 cubic ft fridge model CTMR99M1S that

Customer Question

I have a criterion 9.9 cubic ft fridge model CTMR99M1S that I need a heater kit for so it will operate correctly in my garage during cold weather.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: It's brand new Criterion 9.9 cubic ft model #CTMR99M1S.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Need an answer to my question.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

This model uses electronic temperature sensors, not a mechanical thermostat. There is no heater kit you can install on this unit to make it perform correctly in cold weather.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are there any other options?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Not on an electronic model, no. There are only two options for garage refrigerators, the Whirlpool Gladiator or the Frigidaire with the mechanical thermostat that you can get a garage kit for.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.