John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Second opinion] what can cause a maytag dish washer to bolw

Customer Question

Second opinion] what can cause a maytag dish washer to bolw a thermo fuse model md4949dh
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 8 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the repair man thought it was a power surge ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Whirlpool has wire harness issue that when the unit is running and heating water the amp draw is so great it causes the wire harness at the thermal fuse /door switch area to get hot thus opening up the thermal fuse.

Whirlpool even has a service pointer out on the issue an a service kit that is a thermal fuse and part of a wire harness .

Would you like the thermal fuse service kit parts information?

If so please look at the model number once again !

md4949dh is NOT a good number.