John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My refrigerator Model #PSC23MSWC SS is very warm. I believe

Customer Question

My refrigerator Model #PSC23MSWC SS is very warm. I believe I have a non LCD model and have tried to follow directions to set the cooling temperature and to use the Turbo Cool functions but it appears the compressor is not turning on.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Make is GE Profile Model is PSC23MSWC SS. Estimated age is 10 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I can try but I think I have followed the instructions in the manual and the compressor is not turning on. I may need service
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NO
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If you pull the refrigerator out and remove the lower back access panel, is the fan next to the compressor running? And if you touch the compressor is it room temperature, warm, or really hot?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?