Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Samsung French door fridge just got caught in bad rain

Customer Question

Samsung French door fridge just got caught in bad rain storm. Is it ruined?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: RF260BEAESR
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is a newer fridge. French door twin cooling
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that this happened to you. Are you saying the unit itself got wet in a storm?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the refrigerator
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

well the only way to know for sure is to let it completely dry out to see if anything was damaged from the rain. You have control boards and other parts that of course should not get wet. Lets hope that they did not and if they did not enough to ruin them. Do not plug it in until its completely dry. Everything. Then you will have to go from there. Once it is dry you and if you have any issues you are more than welcome to follow up with me here on this thread.

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you this today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My husband has it partially covered with some blankets and a large umbrella covering. Which part of the fridge specifically cannot get wet?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

well honestly you have a control board on the front a control board on the back. A lot of electronics on the back of the unit between fans your compressor and what not. The whole thing is supposed to stay dry but most importantly the back of the unit as well as the display on the front.