John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a 2 1/2 yr old Whirlpool electric oven. After a power

Customer Question

I have a 2 1/2 yr old Whirlpool electric oven. After a power failure, we reset the clock and checked all the breakers. But I get the message "Feature Not Available" when I press any of the three cooking option buttons. The clock is functioning and I have the option to change other settings... but no cook options.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Was installed 1/20/2015.. Model WOS51EC7A.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not if there's electrical work involved. I'm more than willing to press buttons, though.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that's it. The microwave mounted above the oven is working fine, just FYI.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Nolan Rettig replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your issues today. Please give me a minute to review your question.

press Cancel > Cancel > Start to enter diagnostic mode and try to put it in the auto test mode. Th feature not available usually means a blown control board though.