John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Dryer DV220AE 7 years old with no problems until today. it

Customer Question

Dryer DV220AE 7 years old with no problems until today. it wasb lightly loaded wth golf style shirts and some adult socks. It was started without the filter screen in place and started and stopped during the cycle. thel
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: IT stoped without drying the load and won't start again and onlymakes a humming noise but does not rotate. thedrum . it can be rotated clockwise with a little difficulty.
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: YES.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: THe breaker was turned off and rr
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?