Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My GE top load washer lid is locked and won't open. Is their

Customer Question

My GE top load washer lid is locked and won't open. Is their some way to get it open ?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I purchased in 11/2016 MDL GTW485ASJWS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have already scheduled a warranty repair but it won't be for another 5 days and I need to get the wet clothes out of the washer, Any suggestions,
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Unplug it for 5 full minutes to allow the control to reset. Does the behavior change after powering it back up?

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.