John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Kenmore Special Edition Frid Model #106 - 696851790

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Special Edition Frid Model #106 -###-##-####and had the Defrost Timer PS11723171 installed because my frid interior was not cold enough - it is registering 50 now. I had a rep[air man come out and he installed(###) ###-####control thernostat (cost me $250) and when I called him back he said there was nothing more that he could do for me - then someone told me to turn the freezer knob to highest setting and do the same for the frig. It worked for a while but what do I do now? Thx Anne
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I think about 12-15 years old and the model no. is as given. Serial No. EH26234800 MFG 06/98
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: NO!! I am an 80 year old woman....
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If you open the freezer door look on the rear interior wall can you see any frost or ice on that rear interior wall panel?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No and I just moved the thermoter to the freezer - from the fridge and I don't think it is freezing!

ok and you are 100% sure you have no frost on the rear interior panel?

And is the freezer fan running at all?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
NO THANKS - WHAT A RIPOFF!!!

if your talking about the phone call prompt I did not send that to you it is the web site we are using NOT I .

I`m trying to assist you.!

Can you look at the model number one more time I do not find a model of 106 -###-##-####in the Sears Data base.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?