Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Whirlpool washer front loader WFW9050XW03 installing the

Customer Question

Whirlpool washer front loader WFW9050XW03 installing the motor control board I need to know where the harnesses go
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The tech sheet with wiring diagram is attached.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Trying to find out where these two go?
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The little blue one goes to the right of the black one and clips over the edge of the board. That is the interface cable.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The green one is a ground wire. It goes to the open terminal to the right of the pink connector.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What about the green one?. Also I do not have the plastic that houses the circuit board what could I use instead? Or what should I do
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Oh, you will need that housing, it protects the board, keeps the wiring connectors secure and allows mounting of the board.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need this thing working ASAP can I put it in a tupperware box?
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

You could but I would not leave it like that. The tub spins at 1000 RPM and it will move around.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I get the lodger to open?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Loader
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is this correct?
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The blue one is upside down, the wires all come off the bottom of the board. Turn that connector around.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay did that how do I get the loader door to open?
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Is water in the tub?

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

It should not be locked unless there is water in the tub or there is a failure in the control system.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't have the water lines connected yet. This washing machine was given to me so I'm just trying to get it to work when I first plugged it in it was open then I press the washing machine button and it locked and now I don't know how to open the door
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

It should unlock if you press the cancel button if the control system is working.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where is the cancel button?
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

It will say PAUSE/CANCEL on it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It doesn't open when I press that. Sorry for the delay
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Then you have other problems. Will it start or do anything?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm going to wash your hands now I will let you know I do hear noises
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Sounds good, keep me posted.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok got a washer hose and still nothing. I'd like to get this to work can you help me troubleshoot this thing I don't know much besides it needed the motor control board cuz it wasn't there
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

I will see if another may be able to help.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Another what?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Still no word?