Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a whirlpool duet steam washer, It will run through

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool duet steam washer, It will run through the cycle but doesn't get any water
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: CSI0903160
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on what is involved
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not sure I only know it doesn't get any water
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Open the washer door and look on the frame behind the door and you will see a tag that has the full model and serial number listed send me that model number and I will be glad to help further, thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
serial number WFW9640X00 model number CS10903160
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

follow the directions below and tell me what error code the computer is reporting, thanks.

click here for instructions

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am getting an F 25 flashing signal what do I do next

will the washer go into a full high spin or does it just tumble back and forth?

also you say it goes through the cycles but you say its not getting water, if its not getting water its impossible for it to go through the full cycle without stopping and giving an error code?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't think it does either
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Now the power light the. Ontrol lock button is on & the pause button is flashing

ok the F25 error code is DRIVE MOTOR TACHOMETER ERROR which means the computer is unable to properly detect motor speed, in most cases this is caused by a failed motor but it can be a motor control board issue as well so the only way to know for sure is to have an ohm/volt meter and do some troubleshooting on the motor circuit if you don't have one or know how to use one then I would highly recommend you call a service company out to make the diagnosis for you otherwise you may just throwing money away on parts you don't need unless you just want to replace both the motor and the motor control but that is pretty expensive. Let me know if you want troubleshooting info if you want to attempt to diagnose it yourself and you have a meter and know how to use it, thanks. If not please read below:

If you need anything else just let me know in the meantime please rate my assistance by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of your question page. You will see a set of 5 empty stars 1 being the worst and 5 being the best, ***** ***** I have earned a 5 star rating. After you rate I will continue to help if needed any follow up questions will still be answered and there will be no further charges incurred. Please keep in mind we experts that take the time to help you are not compensated for our time unless you rate so it means a lot to us even though it may seem like a unnecessary hassle to you so please do not put this off and just take a moment to take care of this. Thank you very much! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated!

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?