Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My french door refrigerator (GFE28HSHSS) does not show any

Customer Question

My french door refrigerator (GFE28HSHSS) does not show any information or lights on the front panel. Also there are not lights in the refrigerator or freezer unit. I hear a motor running (not as loud as usual) and there is no "suction" when closing the doors to the fridge. The freezer seems cold, but the fridge it not very cool.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: GFE28hSHSS purchased 3/23/15
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, Up until yesterday evening all was fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The main board that powers the front board and the lights etc has failed, you can try and unplug the refrigerator for 10 minutes plug it back up and see if the board resets, if not it has failed and needs to be replaced.

Refrigerator Electronic Control Board

Part #: WR55X23069 - click here for part info at sears

If you need anything else just let me know in the meantime please rate my assistance by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of your question page. You will see a set of 5 empty stars 1 being the worst and 5 being the best, ***** ***** I have earned a 5 star rating. After you rate I will continue to help if needed any follow up questions will still be answered and there will be no further charges incurred. Please keep in mind we experts that take the time to help you are not compensated for our time unless you rate so it means a lot to us even though it may seem like a unnecessary hassle to you so please do not put this off and just take a moment to take care of this. Thank you very much! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated!

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?