Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Working on a GE monogram side-by-side refrigerator model

number ZISB48DCA. I need instructions...
Working on a GE monogram side-by-side refrigerator model number ZISB48DCA. I need instructions on how to access the water valve for this refrigerator. I believe it's in the center underneath in the front of the refrigerator. Looks like the water valve or the icemaker is faulty.
7/21/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The cover under the unit in the second photo is the location of the water valve .

That cover slides forward and then the valve assembly is accessible.

It looks like they used copper tubing as the water supply line to the valve so you will need to turn the water off and remove that coupling in the far right hand side of the photo for the cover to slide forward and out.

If you have any questions just reply back to me!

Thank you.

Glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Master Tech
Good morning, with the bail arm up in the off position on the icemaker the water is still pouring in as in the picture building up on the ice tray in the freezer wall. The only culprit here is the water valve correct? Oddly The water does not pour out of the ice maker tube all the time .
I thought this ice forming was from the water valve but now I see that water can be coming from the freezer ceiling evaporator.

yes if the freezer

Evaporator drain trough drain line opening is clogged then every time the unit goes into an auto defrost mode then the water will leak into the area around the drain trough and below.

Which means you will need to take the freezer Evaporator section apart and defrost the freezer Evaporator drain trough area with a hair dryer and hot water.

Master Tech
Master Tech