Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My GE Profile refrigerator bought 3/6/10 is freezing lettuce

Customer Question

My GE Profile refrigerator bought 3/6/10 is freezing lettuce in veg drawer, pasta salad in main compartment & several other things every day. Tried adjusting, but still happens.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 7 years? PGSS5NFYA SS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what needs to be done.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Have tried changing temp in fruit & vegetable drawers, but sometimes works then doesn't
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

New on computer & really need name of reliable service person who can hopefully fix this problem- refrigerator is boxed in & outlet is behind on wall. No way for us to get to any of this ourselves. Today I have to keep two appointments away from house. Is there any way to talk to someone on cell ? Or can message left on XXXXXXX home phone. I did not understand charges, but am willing to pay 36.00 if you can accept this & somehow explain how to sign up to be able to proceed with you. I am a 77 year old woman with a husband who thinks I should not have bought this problem 7 yrs ago. Help!!!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

There is a motorized damper that opens and closes to allow air into the refrigerator, number 221 at the link below.

CLICK HERE

I believe that damper is broken and allowing too much air in at times. This will require professional service. YOu may schedule by calling 1-800-GE-CARES.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.