John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My front loading Maytag washer has a flashing F/H error

Customer Question

my front loading Maytag washer has a flashing F/H error code... it appears to be at the end of the wash cycle.... clothes are soaking wet, no water in the tub.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 8 years old. Doesn't have a model name.. MOD is MFW9600SQ0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not at this time. Have a repair scheduled due to the tank filling up with water if if sets for a couple days unused
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no Thinking I'd just start a new wash cycle to see if all would clear up... or get rid of the FH error
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 days ago.

If you start the washer and you time it, how long does it take before the error appears on the screen. Then, when it does appear, how high is the water compared to the bottom of the door glass if you look at the water level?