Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We haven. We have a maytag bravo washer and it was flashing

Customer Question

We haven.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: We have a maytag bravo washer and it was flashing e6 and now it will not turn on
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 10 months old bravos xl mct
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I started it yesterday and it didn't finish cycle. I noticed it was off and turned it back on power wash. When I checked tonight it did not complete cyclone and now won't even turn on. Unplugged replugges checked breaker. Nothing
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Any ideas
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 days ago.

If it is totally dark, the control is most likely faulty. Unplug it for 30 full minutes to allow the control to reset. Does the behavior change when powered back up?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No it still won't turn on
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 days ago.

It is only 10 months old, is that right?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I guess it is under warranty and they are sending someone Wednesday. I was just hoping it was an easy thing we could do
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 days ago.

Sounds like the main control is faulty if it does not reset with an extended power cycle. Glad it is under warranty, those control are expensive!

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
In your experience is this a typical problem for these type of machines
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 days ago.

Yes, they have a very high failure rate. It ususally condemns the machine if not under warranty as those controls are oftentimes over $3-400!