Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Whirlpool Super Capacity Plus Washer, made in the

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Whirlpool Super Capacity Plus Washer, made in the U.S.A. with 7 cycles & a 2 speed motor. It appears that when I put a load on, it fills normally & the dial indicator moves normally but the agitator & water in the machine don't move at all. It does drain & refill but doesn't spin properly so the clothes are left dripping wet. Any help you can offer will be much appreciated. Thanks, Claire
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I am house-sitting & I do not know when my friends purchased the machine. I cannot see a model # on the machine & I cannot pull it out to look at the back etc.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. If a technician needs to come out then I'll make an appointment. Are you familiar with this problem? I used it in a normal manner but I'm worried that I caused the problem!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Answering my question would be good, although I realise this is an automated service.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 13 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 13 days ago.

If it is draining, the motor is working, which means the drive coupling has likely broken, a very common issue.

The video at the link below shows how it is accessed for replacement.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.