Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Whirlpool gold and my freezer is cold but not my

I have a Whirlpool gold and my freezer is cold but not my fridge
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I don't know.. It came with the apt I am renting
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I think it may be about 5 to 10 years old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Well I do see some frost in the freezer..

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section?
  2. Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer or where?
  3. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The model tag is in the refrigerator, high on a side wall or on the ceiling.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I hear the fan.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is a little frost on the back wall.. very thin layer
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
GB9SHDXPQ01
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello.. are you there?

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Can you remove the rear panel, number 11 in the diagram at the link below, to inspect the area behind that cover?

CLICK HERE

This is going to require parts and disassembly or you can get it back to cooling okay temporarily to call the landlord. How would like to proceed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not wish to proceed with disassembly.. I was hoping it would be something reasonable I could do myself

You can get it cooling again by opening the doors for 24 hours with it unplugged. It will cool fine for about 5-7 days until it frosts up again. That will be enough time to contact landlords to get it repaired.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks

You are very welcome.