John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I need to replace the seal on the transmission of my

Customer Question

I need to replace the seal on the transmission of my WTW5850SW0 washer where the clutch goes over the agitator shaft - am I making sense?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpool model# ***** probably 5-10 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I was replacing the clutch and when I pushed the gear into the trans it ripped the seal.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately the seal on the transmission isn't replaceable separately, the entire transmission would need to be replaced. The part isn't sold seperately