Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Freezer was turned on it,s side and left plugged in over

Customer Question

freezer was turned on it,s side and left plugged in over night. motor will not come on.
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: GE-model #fuf 170phrwh
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no,but we like to get a little idea what it could be,like motor,condenser and a idea what either would cost. this is help make the decision whether to buy or replace
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Do you hear any fans or motors running or is the unit 100% silent?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was unable to get my questions answer. I am not a real expert on the computer. ended up with a request for My charge card # which a fee of $5.00 would be charge and ask a question. I would like to ask just a few questions if someone would call me. Faye Purcell (###) ###-####
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what could be the problem
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
could it the motor or condenser
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
can hear fan running but when codenser or motor tries to come on, you hear a click and anything goes off
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

OK perfect, thank you. This means that your compressor is overloading and cutting out. It will turn off for a few minutes and then try again over and over. Pull the refrigerator forward and unplug the refrigerator. Remove the lower back access panel and locate your large black round compressor. There is a small plastic box attached to the side of the compressor with several wires going into it. This is your overload relay. Pull the overload relay off the compressor and shake it. If it rattles, then it needs to be replaced. If it doesn't rattle, then you likely have a bad compressor and you'll need to call a technician in order to replace the compressor.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.